Orange Toffee Spice Cookies
This recipe is meant to be changed! Try this with any flavor cake mix, any flavor olive oil and mix in whatever you think would be delicious!
For anyone with teenage boys, you are familiar with the hollow leg syndrome - especially when those teenage boys have friends over! This recipe is perfect for a situation where you need something whipped up quickly because you know it will be devoured just as quickly. I've made so many versions of these cookies and, with some many cake mix/oil/mix-in combos, they are a new cookie every time!
- 1 box spice dry cake mix
- 1/2 cup Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup toffee pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet or place parchment paper/silicone mat on it.
In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, olive oil and eggs. With a spatula, stir until dough comes together completely and well-mixed. Mix in the toffee pieces and stir with spatula until incorporated.
Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, place a rounded tablespoon of dough on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch. Move to wire rack to cool.
Makes ~2 dozen cookies
Here are some additional variations to try but don't be afraid to play around with what you already have!
- White Cake Mix/Raspberry or Strawberry EVOO/Dark Chocolate chunks
- Chocolate Cake Mix/Vanilla EVOO/Peanut Butter Chips
- Strawberry Cake Mix/Lemon EVOO/White Chocolate Chips
- Spice Cake Mix/Vanilla EVOO/toasted Pecans
- Lemon Cake Mix/Basil Olive Oil/White Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Cake Mix/Lavender EVOO/White Chocolate Chips